Which are the BIG questions that you expect to discuss at Multicore World 2019?
Every year we invite our attendees to write their expectations (in the registration form -it’s optional) so we can discuss them as a group during the sessions, and speakers have an idea of what the audience is thinking a priori. We also add some of the topics into a panel discussion.
Below the questions from Multicore World 2018
Updated 6 February 2018
- How can we restore reproducibility?
- How do we take potential into reality…
- HPC and Business Versus Fidelity
- What are the requirements and implications of HPC/BD/ML’s convergence for system software?
- What are the implications of widely heterogeneous computing on system software
- How will future HPC hardware look like?
- Scalability of compute and storage resources within New Zealand versus cloud-based resources
- The end of Moores Law (or Moores Law going backwards)
- Death of the POSIX file-system
- How does IoT and Computing on the Edge influence HPC?
- Blockchain will be an interesting topic even if it’s a short-lived one.
- The state of AI and how it influences developments in HPC
- “Blockchain” -a huge buzzword, interested on how much of it is hype versus how much lasting potential the technology will have.
- Panel on Meltdown/Spectre: for some workloads, these chip design flaws effectively dialed back a modest amount of progress.
- Privacy, Human Rights, and Ethics in the Big Data era
- Discuss specific niche workloads where Meltdown resulted in a large performance penalty as well, or if the impact is most severely limited to custom-tailored, worst-case-scenario benchmarks.
Learn about your colleagues who were at Multicore World 2018: